2019 TRAVEL BUCKET LIST: BOOKED IT, PACKED IT, LET’S GO

IMG_6231

Hello 2019! I’ve been waiting for you. Last year, I took a break from travelling to work on my anxiety and how I want to travel next year.

I realized that I was pushing myself too much to travel to places I didn’t really want to go to which brought on a lot of other worries. It was also expensive, I wasn’t enjoying myself and I didn’t feel like I was really getting anything out of it other than something to write about.

“You don’t have to visit every country in the world. Just the ones you really want to visit. Travel Blogger or not”

I also had a lot going on in my personal life which was making it very hard for me to control my anxiety at all. Stress and worries at work and home made it difficult for me to leave the house, never mind the country. I ended up cancelling a few trips (some booked) to work on myself and think about my plans for 2019.

This year, I wanted to get my travelling shoes back on but ONLY travel to places I really want to go to. Not just travel for the sake of it. I also want to do more group tours. I love tours more than solo travel. It’s really helping me with my social anxiety and I feel so much safer travelling on a tour.

I’ve booked 3 group tours this year. I wanted to book my big trips first so I knew how much money to save up for. I also booked them in the Black Friday and January sales so I got a great deal on them. I have also booked my flights in the sale too. By booking everything early, it was also easier for my to get my holidays booked off at work. This is something I might do again in the future.

“All the trips I’ve booked are to help me get over my fear of open water”

I used to love being in the water when I was a kid, but I had a slight incident when I was younger. I was swept out to sea by a wave and swallowed a lot of water. All I can remember after drifting out and being upside down in the sea, was waking up on the beach. I still have reoccurring nightmares of tsunamis (even though it was only a wave it looked pretty big to a kid) and haven’t really gotten back in the water since without having a massive panic attack

I really want to use each experience to help me get back in the water and tick off some items on my bucket list. Locations and things like swimming with turtles and snorkeling etc. Hopefully, these trips will help me with my anxiety and my fear.

I feel so prepared and excited that everything is booked. It’s taken off a lot of pressure and means I have time to prepare for each trip. However, it doesn’t just mean that these are the only trips I’m going on. I’ve spaced them out so I have chance to maybe look at other trips between them or maybe a cheeky solo trip at the weekend?

WHERE AM I GOING IN 2019???

EGYPT

My first trip is with Travel Talk Tours on their Jewel of the Nile tour. I got this tour at a whopping 75% off during their Black Friday sale.

I’ve travelling with this company before to Morocco on the Adventure Morocco tour so I’m excited to travel with them again to Egypt. I was torn between Egypt and Jordan, but Egypt was a lot cheaper.

I still want to go to Jordan but I might save that one for 2020. One desert a year type of deal.

I’m really excited to see the pyramids, Luxor, all the Egyptian statues, etc and to get back on a camel! This tour also included a cruise down the Nile which looks incredible and being on the water will be a small step to getting into the water for my next trip. The Nile is a bit grotty but I’m more excited about the experience and the mainland views.

GREECE

Next stop is Greece with Medsailors! I’ve wanted to do a Medsailors tour for a while now but my fear of water has always held me back.

My friend and fellow blogger Hannah from The Giraffe’s Life is coming with me so I’m super excited for a girls holiday! We’ve been not so secretly planning this for a while now and dipped into the fuck it bucket to book it. Make sure you follow Hannah’s YouTube channel too so you see two sides to our adventure in Greece when the vlogs come out.

I’ve NEVER been on a yacht before. Never. I’m quite anxious about it but with Hannah with me and a group who are all the same age as us, it should be an incredible experience.

I’m excited to do some island hopping, rent a scooter and try to get in the water. Get on a rubber ring, do some snorkelling and check out the wildlife. Medsailors also have a Greek party where everyone dresses up in linen which sounds so much fun.

HAWAII

ALOHA! It’s the big one! I’m going on my 4th tour with TrekAmerica on the Hawaii Big Island tour. Afterwards, I’m also going to two additional island of Maui and Oahu. It’s also a new state for me and a destination I’ve wanted to go to for years.

I’ve wanted to do this tour since it was announced 2 years ago. I’m not your bucket and spade type of girl. I like activities and I’m not going to wait to find someone for a romantic getaway when I want explore the volcano national park and no lie on a beach all day.

I’m also a massive nerd so I really want to see lava and explore the volcano national park. The wildlife opportunities are also incredible so I really hope I see some turtles at least.

Like I said, I’ve spread these out so I can potentially travel to other countries too if I see a decent offer or fancy a spare of the moment trip. I would love to fit another group tour into 2019 and I’ve got a few places on my list. These destinations are Iceland, Scotland and Jordan. Decent destination bench list.

I’m really excited for all my adventures this year. I think I’ve made some good choices on how I want to travel and keep my mental health in check so I have a great time away. I love travelling but I need to look after myself too. I can’t wait to get the vlogging camera back out. Let’s do this!

Pin this for later:

IMG_6343

WHAT ARE YOUR TRAVEL PLANS FOR THIS YEAR? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH MY BLOG POSTS BY FOLLOWING ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Disclaimer: I booked all these trips myself as a paying customer. This is not an advertisement for any of these companies and I have not been paid to promote them.

13 Comments

1. 15/01/2019 / 1:24 pm

Hey Natasha,

I’m doing the medsailors Greece tour too! Can I ask which one your doing and when? I’m doing the saronic tour in September 🙂

All the best
    Holly

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      15/01/2019 / 1:50 pm

No way! Let’s chat on insta or twits. Don’t want to release my dates publicly x

2. 15/01/2019 / 1:33 pm

Ahh! this is so exciting Natasha! I saw the little sneak peek on Insta last night and I was right with Hawaii and Greece! They all sound incredible trips, can’t wait to follow along with your adventures! xo

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      15/01/2019 / 1:49 pm

You were! I was secretly really impressed!!! An looking over my shoulder for you lol how did you know! Haha! X

3. Jess
    15/01/2019 / 3:55 pm

WOW What amazing plans you have!

I’ve got loads of trips planned this year including ticking off a new continent AND 4 new countries in addition to lots of new cities!

xoxo
    Jess
    The Crown Wings | UK Travel & Lifestyle Blog

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      15/01/2019 / 4:03 pm

AMAZING! Which new continent are you going to? x

4. 15/01/2019 / 5:19 pm

Hey hey, firstly… I’m so glad you’ve taken some time for you, even if – at the time – you weren’t necessarily in the best place. Time for yourself is the most important thing of everything, finding yourself, keeping your head on track – whatever you do – can never be underestimated, so yay!

Secondly, AWESOME trip plans! They all sound exciting, different and so warm… I need a warm break soon after doing Copenhagen, Iceland and Canada (although I did manage San Fran in the middle of that) but long for the warmth next time out.

It’s funny, I like the exploring more than the group things but I can definitely understand the benefits. I did it in Iceland, because you can’t really do anything without a tour, and they were all fantastic.

Finally… have so much fun, I’m sure you will. I think I’m UK-bound this year – spent too much last time out – so I’ll be keeping an eye out for your adventures for sure.

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      15/01/2019 / 5:25 pm

Hi Dan! Thank so much. Needed a little me time and now I’m ready to get back out there. I’m so excited! Lots of warm places this year!! Bet I get storms or something saying that hahaha! Nothing wrong with UK adventures. I’d love to explore more of the coast of the UK! Keep me posted on your trips too!

• Dan Bullock
        15/01/2019 / 5:39 pm

I’m honestly excited for you, love it when people go out and explore, and your trips always sound entertaining!

And, I shall do.. gotta get back on the Instagram, been neglecting that as well. ‘Til the next escape! 🙂

5. Alys
    17/01/2019 / 10:54 pm

Wow – what an incredible line up!

Good on you for taking time out when you needed it, and using these trips to help you tackle a fear, a big one too. Will be so interesting to look back at the end of the year and see the difference.

Excited to follow your travels on social!

I’m off to China next month for 2 weeks which I’m really excited & a bit nervous about! Never been to Asia, so really looking forward to immersing myself in the culture there, the food (always) and seeing some friends who live out there.

Might head to Scotland in the middle of the year for a paddleboarding weekend with Gutsy Girls (who you should totally check out if you haven’t already) and then I’m thinking either Copenhagen or Bavaria towards the end of the year.

But China first – got to get my visa sorted!

How soon are you off to Egypt?

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      17/01/2019 / 11:11 pm

Thank you! China?! That’s amazing! Are you going to the wall? That would be an incredible site! I’m very jealous. I’m off to Egypt in 50 days! 😍 Gutsy Girls? I’ll have to have a look! X

6. 24/01/2019 / 1:09 pm

Wow this is so exciting, so many amazing plans! I’m hoping to squeeze in a few city break trips before heading to America again!

• Natasha Atlas
      Author
      24/01/2019 / 1:55 pm

That’s great! Where in America do you want to go to? I really want to explore the UK coast line a bit more this summer!