SAFARI | SOUTH AFRICA

It’s the morning after the wedding and it was a beautiful day for Amy & Ryan. We had all partied till the lights came on and we were getting kicked out the venue (just like when we were at uni together). We we’re all a bit worse for wear the next day. I was exhausted so I had a bit of a lie in while the girls went to the pool. However, it was up and out again today as we were all heading out on a Safari!

5fa6dd33abdc01ce000a0cbb6c680577

Ok, this blog is all about my safari so prepare for A LOT of animal photos I took while I was there. There only downside to this blog is I cannot tell you exactly where I went on this safari. Why? This is because some of the animals on this safari are protected. Poachers are still trying to hunt and kill some of the animals I saw. Safaris even with the security measure they do have already are still in danger from poachers trying to hunt them for their skin, fur, horns etc. It’s quite horrible! So I have ensured that non of my photos or video footage display the name of this safari. Ok, now that disclaimer is out the way. Back to business! We had some lunch first at the restaurant before we went exploring. The service was….pretty disorganized! Like really bad. The orders were all wrong. Most of us ordered burgers and they had made mostly chicken dishes. Then they were trying to get us to eat them instead of making what we actually ordered. I must say there was about 20 of us but Amy (the bride) had been very organised and sent them our orders in advance. Even gave them the orders again written down on the day. Then it took 30 minutes to get all our orders billed up and paid separately. This ate up into our safari time so we weren’t happy and we missed out on our dessert because of the mess with our orders. Such a shame as we spent a lot of time waiting for the meals before hand but we got to spend a lot of time taken photos of this amazing scenery!

Now it’s safari time! Instead of talking about it…let’s go straight to the pictures! See how many of these animals you can recognize!

IMG_1090IMG_1191IMG_1175

IMG_1130IMG_1216IMG_1308IMG_1288

IMG_1530

IMG_1241IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1096IMG_1454IMG_1531

Such an amazing experience! Probably my favourite day of the whole trip other than Amy’s wedding of course! I definitely need to do another safari one day as I didn’t get to see Elephants, Zebras or Lions. One day!

***************************

If you want to see more on my adventures in South Africa, please check out my Safari vlog below:

signature

14 Comments

1. February 15, 2017 / 1:05 am

I love this post! How amazing and wonderful for you to see these beautiful animals and Countries! Thank you so much for sharing them!

2. February 15, 2017 / 5:51 pm

Im on the fence about a safari but your pictures look like it something to try. If I went I want to see the elephants though, I don’t think I would leave without seeing them.

• Natasha Atlas
      February 15, 2017 / 6:14 pm

I know! I was gutted I didnt see them! If you watch the vlog at the bottom my friends snuck off and found some! You can pay alittle more to get elephant cuddles from them but they got it for free haha

3. February 15, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I have been on a couple safaris in both South Africa and Namibia and I love them every time. 🙂 I am glad that you enjoyed your experience as well, and I have to say, you took MUCH better pictures. They are amazing. Getting to see those animals is so special, and your post really encompasses all those great feelings. <3

4. February 15, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I love this post. I also love the way you work to ensure that none of your information can be used to locate animals. I don’t get the need to hunt animals. I you want to shoot something use a camera!!!

• Natasha Atlas
      February 15, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Thank you! Yeah it was mostly for the rhinos! They are seriously endangered and the ones I saw we’re only baby’s! So sad to think people would kill baby rhinos!

5. February 15, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Okay my favorite photo is the giraffe poking his head up through the brush lol how fun but yes I would definitely want to see zebras!

• Natasha Atlas
      February 15, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Yeah it’s mine too! Geese a funny fella! Just kept staring at us haha

6. February 16, 2017 / 3:49 am

After seeing this, I am definitely going to try my hands at a Safari. I have never been on one and I can only imagine how exciting the whole experience must have been. Amazing pictures!

7. February 16, 2017 / 7:51 am

Going on Safari has always been my dream. I cannot believe how up close to the animals you got, and your pictures are incredible. Thanks so much for sharing!

8. February 16, 2017 / 11:41 am

You lucky ducky! You saw a rhino up from so close! I couldn’t manage to see even one in Tanzania. Your pictures are incredible. I hope I get a chance to visit South Africa soon.

9. Liza @ Tripsget
    February 16, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Amazing photos!! Africa is such an interesting continent. Would love to go there one day. Thanks for your post.

10. February 17, 2017 / 5:02 pm

Oh my gosh you were so close to the rhinos!! I know you were with an experienced guide, but were you scared at all, just in case something happened? I would love to go on a Safari and see these animals up close! What an awesome trip you had!

• Natasha Atlas
      February 17, 2017 / 5:09 pm

They were only baby’s so I wasn’t too scared….till the tour leader told us after that their horn could break through the vehicle! haha Glad she kept that information to herself.