MY TRAVEL PLANS FOR 2017!

map2017.jpg

Most of the popular travel blogs I read are from bloggers saying you should quit your job and travel the world. The problem with that is, I don’t want to quit my job. I like my job and better yet I like having somewhere I can call home. I wouldn’t see my friends or family for maybe months or years and when I eventually come home…I would be broke and have no job. Some people think that if you go travelling you can start a travel blog and make money that way. That’s not the case. Not all travel blogs make it and most don’t last longer than a year. You either need to save for years in order to have enough money to travel to all the places on your list or work while your away. Living the dream could potentially become a financial nightmare. I’m a travel blogger and I work in travel. I am definitely not saying you shouldn’t travel the world. All I am saying is…life out of a backpack for months and years on end isn’t for me and isn’t for a lot of people. Maybe one day but not now. There are other ways to see the world without quitting your job, selling everything you own and leaving everyone behind. Which is why this year I plan to have an epic adventure of my own.

I am going to travel to a different country, every month and keep my full time desk job!

So how am I going to do this? Well luckily I work in Travel, so that kind of helps. I want to visit a new country every month but it doesn’t mean I am going to go on luxurious 2 weeks holidays a month at a time. The aim is to keep my job and not get sacked from it from not being in the office at all. I also get about 23 days holiday a year and bank holidays. So the plan is to split my holidays accordingly so I can try to do 2 or 3 long haul trips. The rest of the months would have to be mini trips or weekend breaks. I could even do a day trip one month. I am lucky to be based in London so I have many transportation links at my disposal. If not a long haul or short haul flight then I could easily get a train to Scotland or Paris on the Eurostar so it doesn’t have to all my expensive trips. I want to do some affordable options or just a day break. It’s all doable. Yes, I will need money to do all this but this is something I want to do and it doesn’t have to cost the world to do it.

Where am I going?

With the world at my fingertips, anywhere is possible! I have a few places I want to visit but I also want some months to be a surprise! Long haul trips take more planning so I have started looking at these already as I need to use my holidays to go on them. First long haul trip is potentially to Central or South America with TrekAmerica! As most of your know I recently went on a TrekAmerica trip in March and I absolutely loved it so I highly recommend them especially if you are a solo traveler like me. I really want to go to Amsterdam, Italy, France, Iceland and Germany. These destinations I will be looking for deals on each month using Skyscanner, Easyjet and Ryanair for decent prices. I don’t really want to be spending more than £100 on a ticket. That’s the aim. I also have to pay for a hostel in each place which thanks to my TrekAmerica trip I am totally fine with now and really enjoy. I find Hostelworld a great site to use to look for great hostels at a good price. I also get 1 free trip a year with work so I keeping my fingers crossed for somewhere epic! Other than that I don’t really want to plan much and have a list: January – destination 1, Feb – – destination 2 etc. I think that would be very organised and the best way but I want a bit of excitement some months where I can be like “Where should I go this month?”. January has already been ticked off as I went to South Africa over New Year for my friends wedding. I have a trailer which is out now and will link below, a travel vlog series which will be up on my YouTube channel soon and some blogs which I will write asap.

For each destination I want to use that time like a normal holiday to chill and explore. I have been very into my photography since I moved to London and want to take some more amazing photos in each place. I will also be writing a blog for each place and filming my adventures. So every month I will have a travel blog on my website and a travel vlog on my YouTube channel from a different country each month. That would be amazing!

What do I want to achieve?

Half of me is doing this to prove a point. I’m not going to lie. So people can see that even in this economy you can still travel and you don’t have to quit a job you’ve worked really hard at for so long. The other half of me is doing it…because I want to. I love travelling and I work in travel. I spent most of last year work really hard to prove myself in a new job and I had a rough time in the summer so I really want this year to be great. This year is going to be epic and only I can make that happen so I want it to start now.

10420237_10156777185825077_2814406204339937251_n

I hope you all join me on this adventure! Don’t forget to follow me on me on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, my blog and also my YouTube  channel.

Bring on 2017!

Pin this post for later:

12 COUNTRIES.jpg

Trips so far:

JanuarySouth Africa: Cape Town, Oudtshoorn, Safari, Garden Route, Wilderness, Knysna HeadsWestern Cape

FebruaryAmsterdam, The Netherlands

March – Barcelona, Spain

April – Cardiff, Wales

MayCanada with Trek America

JuneBoston, USA

July – Edinburgh, Scotland (CANCELLED)

August – Paris, France (Blog coming soon)

September to December – TBC

signature

26 Comments

1. January 12, 2017 / 6:41 pm

That’s a great aim – I hope you make it! I’m hoping for a trip away every month this year too – but a lot of those will be UK based for me! It’s amazing how much you can fit round a full time job!

• Natasha Atlas
      January 13, 2017 / 4:51 pm

Thanks! I will be doing some UK based to. Mini trips can just just as good! Something to look forward to each month! 🙂

2. Paul V
    January 12, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I love it can I come too 😘

• Natasha Atlas
      January 13, 2017 / 4:50 pm

Benidorm? lol =)

3. January 13, 2017 / 4:18 pm

I love love love this idea! I have two young kids so this would be beyond me but maybe, with some saving and planning, I could do 12 uk cities next year?! Looking forward to following your adventures 👍🏼🌎✈️

• Natasha Atlas
      January 13, 2017 / 4:50 pm

Thank you Kim! Yes, do it! I think by looking forward to a mini trip away even if it is in the UK would be amazing! Your kids would love it! Something to look forward to or a lovely surprise for them 🙂 x

4. January 13, 2017 / 5:34 pm

I love your ambition and aim, interesting post and I would love to go to more places this year! Good luck with it 🙂

S x | SHELISES WORLD

5. January 17, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Great post! Travel Bloggers makes everything looks so easy, nice to see a fresh perspective on work and travel and how to manage both.
    I have some destinations near and far on my hit list this year. Sometimes I’m too busy daydreaming about the next exotic locations I forget the beautiful sights I have easy access to.

• Natasha Atlas
      January 17, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Exactly! It easy to forget we have some amazing locations within easy reach that we can also visit without breaking the bank! Glad you liked my post 🙂

6. January 18, 2017 / 5:13 pm

I love travelling to a new country every year! So it is amazing to know that you are going to do a new one every month. Good luck on your travels!

7. natalie
    January 18, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Good luck! Sounds like an exciting year!

— Natalie, itsnothouitsme.com

8. January 18, 2017 / 5:50 pm

What a great start to a year to land in Cape Town. I enjoyed watching the trailer and recognizing a few of the places. It´s good to share opinions that are more down to earth, rarely people write about how they quit their job to travel and how they failed but I am sure a few have!

9. January 18, 2017 / 6:35 pm

This is going to be a fun year for you. I’ll make sure to keep up with your updates 🙂 good luck!

10. January 18, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Great aim! You go girl! I love going to new places every year. This year- heading to belize, Guatemala, new york, my hometown in california (twice), san Francisco & australia for my birthday (December). Woohoo!

11. January 18, 2017 / 8:32 pm

So awesome!! I love that you mentioned that you don’t want to “quit your job and travel the world” . I agree! I like both, but I do love having a routine once I come home!

12. January 19, 2017 / 9:55 am

Great plans, Natasha! I really like the idea of going to a new country every month, and in Europe this is not impossible, as you said.. you can easily take a train to some destinations.. and everything is so close, and also the low coasts airlines help in the process of booking cheap flights. I am base in Ireland, and I would love to do something like that! I will be following your blog, on blogloving to read your adventures thought the year 🙂

• Natasha Atlas
      January 19, 2017 / 10:13 am

13. January 19, 2017 / 10:11 am

I love hearing stories about people who work while working full-time! While I did go down this route, quitting your job to travel is NOT for everyone and definitely not something I recommend because everyone is in a different situation/has different responsibilities. Excited to see where your travels take you next – South America is high up on my bucket list, let me know how that goes!

14. January 19, 2017 / 2:29 pm

So excited for you that you have found the perfect blend between work and travel! You will absolutely love South America!! Your story is inspiring for those seeking to work and travel. Thanks for sharing it!

• Natasha Atlas
      January 23, 2017 / 10:29 am

Thanks! Think I am going to Mexico in May now! So excited! 🙂

15. January 19, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Love your positive outlook and showing people that you CAN have a full time job but travel too! Although those 23 vacation days are to die for and being London based definitely helps. I’m from the States and sadly only get 10 paid vacation days so it definitely has been proven to be hard to keep traveling and my job. Can’t wait to check back in for your South Africa posts!

16. January 23, 2017 / 10:14 am

Check out Wizzair for cheap flights as well! They’re basically like an Eastern European Ryanair. I recently got a return to Riga, Latvia for £50 and a single to Bucharest, Romania for £15! Love your plan, looking forward to seeing where it takes you 🙂

• Natasha Atlas
      January 23, 2017 / 10:26 am

Yes! I saw this yesterday when I was looking for my March trip! Never knew they existed! I usually stay away from airlines I’m not aware of but as you have used them before that gives me a little confidence. Thanks!

17. February 14, 2017 / 11:02 pm

Love this would love to do this myself